Monday, February 25, 2013

First! Well, second.


Greetings all

I would like to thank all those who sent in their comments and who completed the first assignment (self introduction) in a timely fashion. I have posted all comments that included the information I requested: name, student number, class, link to blog. Please check that your blog is listed under the correct list. If your blog is not listed here, please send me an email with the information requested or come see me during class time.

I would like to mention that ensuring I can easily identify you on your blog would make things easier.  If you are concerned about privacy, using perhaps only your initials or first name would be fine, or the last three digits of your students number.  

For the record, all posts were in moderation, meaning they needed my approval before they were visible. I am surprised at the number of students who kept posting comments asking when their blog would be visible. I began putting the lists up Friday afternoon; if you sent your comment late in the afternoon or in the evening, it would not have appeared until this morning.  I know, I know, how terrible that I didn't spend time this weekend making sure your blog appeared on the list! Apologies! I was quite busy with my daughter's birthday party, making a pinata and filming them as they sang ganggangsullae. . .

On that note, I would like to offer students an opportunity for extra points:  I was attempting to fully translate and understand the song mentioned above, so if anyone would be keen enough to have a go at explaining it on their blog, I would be most appreciative. . . I really like posts explaining Korean folk traditions. (hint hint)

On a side note, if you will be officially absent from a class and are unable to do an inclass writing, you have two options:
  1. Accept the class average
  2. Make an appointment to write the essay at a mutually convenient time
If you do not make an appointment before your official absence, I will automatically give you the class average as your score, so please be sure to contact me if you do intend on writing the assignment.

That's all for now.

Here's a random picture:


3 comments:

  1. Mr. Menard. I have posted an introduction of Ganggangsullae in my blog.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Understood :)) thanks!
    and I'm identifiable by my profile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr.Menard I have a post about ganggangsullae in my blog! Thanks:)

    ReplyDelete